Flash Flooding in East Village?
East Village Flood Warning?
The San Diego County Department of Public Works offers helpful information on local flooding hazards. SERVPRO® of San Diego City SW responds to storm damage emergencies 24-hours a day and offers this information on things you can do now to prepare for a flood event:
- Educate yourself of the flood risks in your area
- Find a fast and safe route to high ground from your home, place of work, and school. Be aware of which transportation routes may be closed in case of flooding.
- Put together an emergency flood kit which should include: a first aid kit with essential medicines, drinking water, a flashlight, batteries, non-perishable food, a portable radio, a can opener, blankets, and warm clothing.
- Be sure to have temporary care lined up for your pets in case of flooding
- Buy flood insurance; most homeowners’ policies do not cover flood damage
- Store your valuables and toxic materials in higher areas of your house
- Create a list of the contents in your house complete with photographs. This will be useful for flood insurance claims and tax deductions following a flood event.
SERVPRO® of San Diego City SW is on call 24-hours a day to respond to storm damage emergencies in East Village. Call us today at 619-269-5004. We’ll restore your storm damage, “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO of San Diego City SW is Independently Owned and Operated.