Santa Ana Wind Season in Sherman Heights?
Santa Ana Winds begin in the year's cooler months. They being in October and end in May. These strong, hot seasonal winds are known to cause property damage. Last season the winds caused severe property damage and overturned a big semi-truck. SERVPRO® of San Diego City SW responds to storm damage emergencies in Sherman Heights each year. Here are some interesting facts about Santa Ana Winds from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA):
Santa Ana Winds
- Occur when air from a region of high pressure over the dry, desert region of the southwestern United States flows westwards towards low pressure located off of the California coast
- These dry winds flow east to west through the mountain passes in Southern California
- These winds are most common from October to May
- These winds feel warm or hot because as the cool desert air moves down the side of the mountain, it is compressed, causing the air temperature to rise
- These strong winds can cause major property damage
- These strong winds increased wildfire risk due to the dryness of the winds and their speed
Call Us Today!
When your Sherman Heights home or commercial business needs storm damage restoration services, SERVPRO® of San Diego City SW is Here to Help. ® Call us today at 619-269-5004. We'll restore your storm damage, "Like it never even happened."
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.